I don’t know about y’all but the Nairobi heat lately has been too much! I mean, I love the sun and prefer it any day to the cold but no. Because of this, all the skirts and dresses in my wardrobe are definitely getting more air time. Especially my school wardrobe, where i usually prefer to wear trousers, things are definitely changing because I can’t bear this heat in khakis.
A few days ago, I wore this cute little number that I thrifted from one of my friends who is still testing the market before she decides to finally open a store. Flowy pieces are definitely my go to at this point because comfort and aeration are key at this point. I paired this skirt with a plain white long sleeved tee together with some simple but statement brass pieces and as always my favorite pair of sandals.
Some tips for dealing with this very hot and unpredictable weather:
- Wear outfits that you can layer on to so that if it gets too hot then you can shed some layers.
- Wear airy pieces of clothing for comfort especially when it’s really hot.
- Stick to cotton fabric for your clothes because it’s really a good sweat absorber or linen pieces of clothing, when possible, as it is breathable and keeps you cool.
- Accentuate with light statement pieces of jewelry because no one wants to be bulky in this weather.
- If you must wear closed shoes, wear no-show socks or shoe liners because they’re definitely lighter and will be more comfortable in this heat. Also, they’re better than not wearing socks altogether which leads to odour. (you can get shoe liners from Bata or Woolworths, sometimes Mr. Price stocks them as well)
- Finally, hydrate, eat your fruits and invest in lots of deodorant.
Top- Mr. Price
Jewelry– Kipato Unbranded
Remember, “You are fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:14
Be Love and Be Light,